What is an anxiety disorder?
Anxiety disorders are some of the most common psychiatric disorders. Sometimes it presents as daily stress and you may see it as a normal reaction to life stressors. You may feel anxious about your health, family, job, schoolwork, or daily tasks, or find yourself worrying about everything. It can range from mild to debilitating symptoms, which can worsen without treatment. We offer treatment for different types of anxiety disorders, including:
- General Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Panic Disorder
- Social Anxiety or Social Phobia
- Specific Phobia
What are the symptoms of Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)?
- Inability to stop worrying
- Worrying about many things at once
- Trouble falling or staying asleep
- Muscle tension
- Difficulty concentrating
- Fear of making the wrong decision
What are the best treatment options for GAD?
Psychiatric medication and therapy
What are the signs and symptoms of Panic Disorder?
- A sudden episode of intense fear that triggers physical reactions
- Fear of loss of control or death
- Pounding or racing heart
- Difficulty breathing
- Weakness or dizziness.
- Tingly or numb hands and feet
- Chest pain
- Abdominal cramping
- Feeling of unreality or detachment